Lavazza a Modo Mio; Pods and Coffee Machines
- Lavazza a Modo Mio is a new product buy Lavazza (the multinational Italian coffee company) aimed to compete with Tassimo y Nespresso.
- Here, we will assess the key aspects of this new product.
Lavazza a Modo Mio
Appearance a Modo Mio
- The machine is just 20.5cm wide. This reduced size, however doesn’t diminish the large number of functions that it incorporates: a 1litre water reservoir, a milk-steamer, a container for used coffee-pods of a reasonable size and a cup shelf.
- Something else that sets this machine apart from the rest is its retro design, with a polished finish in red and chrome or black and white.
- The machine, made of plastic, may seem less robust than those by Nespresso, but by no means does it look cheap.
Operation Lavazza a Modo Mio
Its operation is very simple
- The coffee machine takes around 40 seconds to get started. You just pop the coffee-pods into the machine, position the lever and push the button.
- It takes around 35 seconds to re-fill the water reservoir and prepare a large espresso, which is a little longer than the Tassimo and Nespresso.
- The quantity of coffee and the temperature are regulated automatically.
- The basic machines are manually operated; you can stop the flow of coffee when you like.
- The more advanced machines include an automatic system that programmes the quantity of coffee according to the type of coffee.
- The machine is very easy to clean. The used pods fall directly into a container for the used pods that can hold up to 10 pods. The left over water goes into a separate tray.
Each piece that makes up the machine can be removed and cleaned individually.
Lavazza a Modo Mio
Capsules Lavazza a Modo Mio
- The flavour and quality of the coffee in the Lavazza coffee-pods is of a really high standard, just as good as any other pod coffees.
- Lavazza offers four generic groups of coffee-pods and flavours; light, medium, strong and decaffeinated, all made of 100% Arabica bean.
- Apart from the espresso coffee you can also prepare latte macchiato and cappuccino using the milk steamer.
- The machine’s milk steamer is very easy to use and heats the milk with relative ease.
- The only problem with it is that it is a little short. It is perfect for use with small cups but is a little difficult with larger mugs and cups. You can control the steam using a knob on the side of the machine. The steamer also makes hot water to use for teas and infusions, though the water does come out somewhat slowly and I’m not sure if it’s really worth the hassle.
Lavazza Blue Coffee Machines and Capsules: An assessment
The single-serve coffee machines Lavazza Blue are the ideal machines for homes and offices that make a lot of espressos, cappuccinos and café latte.
Features of Lavazza’s most complete single-serve coffee machine to date.
- A completely-automated coffee machine; you control it with 4 buttons and an electronic display. You can programme the temperature, quantity of coffee etc.
- The machines only work with Lavazza Blue pods, which are bought pre-filled and vacuum-packed with the perfect amount of ground and pressed coffee.
- Control panel and digital lever to control the coffee machine.
The control panel has four buttons: espresso, coffee, steamer and stop. It is really easy to program and control the coffee-making process using the lever. You just have to select the type of coffee you’d like, put in the pod and press the start button.
Produces a great cappuccino
- This machine is ideal for making cappuccinos. It has a heater just to produce the steam, so you are always guaranteed the amount and quality of steam you need. You can use the same steamer to heat water.
- You can use the same steamer to heat water.